|SPACE TODAY ONLINE Covering Space From Earth to the Edge of the Universe|
|Cover||Rockets||Satellites||Shuttles||Stations||Astronauts||Solar System||Deep Space||History||Global Links|
Want Info on a Satellite? Look It Up Here
TIPS & TRICKS:
SOURCE: This satellite lookup accesses the master catalog of spacecraft maintained by the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC), National Space Science Data Center (NSSDC).
- You may lookup a satellite by name, purpose or launch date. You need only one of these criteria, but you may enter any combination of the three.
- You may type in a partial word for a satellite name. For example, if you were to type "su" in the name field, you would receive a list of spacecraft including Superbird, Surveyor and some others.
- Searches are not case sensitive. Typing ulysses, Ulysses, or uLySsEs" retrieves the same results.
- You need only type in a year. For example, typing 1960 in the launch date field will retrieve all 42 spacecraft launched that year.
- If you know the month of launch, type it in like this: 1960-12. If that were your date, you would retrieve a list of all seven spacecraft launched in December 1960.
- If you know the day and month of launch, type them in like this: 1960-12-20. If that were your date, you would retreive information on the one spacecraft launched that day -- Discoverer 19, a spy satellite.
- Here's how to click multiple selections among the purposes:
- Using a Windows PC version of Netscape or Internet Explorer, make multiple selections by pressing the CTRL key while clicking the purposes you wish to select.
- Using an Apple Macintosh version of Netscape or Internet Explorer, make multiple selections by pressing the COMMAND key with the Apple symbol while clicking the purposes you wish to select.
- If your search will retrieve 250-499 records, you will be given an opportunity to narrow your search or continue with the broader search.
- If your search will retrieve 500 or more records, you will be required to narrow the search.
- When looking at a list of spacecraft returned by a search, click the name of a spacecraft for more information.
- After receiving your lookup data, click your browser's BACK button to return to this page.
Satellites index STO Cover Search STO Questions Top of this page About STO Feedback © 2002 Space Today Online